We are almost sure that there is not even one human soul who hasn't heard about STRESS. If stress would be a person, it probably would use Facebook and have approximately 7 billion friends.
Stress is a natural part of your life. In small doses, stress is fine and can be a helpful tool capable of boosting your energy levels and attention. BUT (why there is always but?) experiencing an enormous amount of stress-related emotions is extremely harmful.
Guess what may reduce stress? PHYSICAL ACTIVITY!
Exercise is vital for maintaining mental and physical fitness, and it can reduce stress.
1. Walking: it’s easy to do and requires no special equipment.
(RECOMMENDED TIME) Five or six 30-minute walks a week.
TIP: you can walk with a dog, family, friend, colleague. You don’t have to do it alone. Make it enjoyable for yourself.
TIP: find some free online dance course – zumba, salsa or other and decrease stress by increasing energy levels and good mood.
3. HIIT: The high-intensity workout will pump up your body's endorphin level, which will improve your mood in a couple minutes.
TIP: easy HIIT workout.
4. Yoga and stretching: Both yoga and stretching postures are a form of strength training, making you more resilient and flexible, which in turn relieves physical and mental tension.
5. Active Home Cleaning: Cleaning is moving and also gives you satisfaction of having a clean home with things well organized. In this way you get a sense of reduced stress, and an improvement of mood.
TIP: It doesn’t mean that your place resembles a war zone. Clean to make yourself feel good.
6. Laughing: laughter reduces stress hormones and improves your mood to keep going on.
TIP: Laugh together with friends, find humor in your life and use the media to laugh out loud.
Almost any form of exercise or movement can increase your fitness level while decreasing your stress. The most important thing is to pick an activity that you enjoy.
MyEMS Fitness team